Wednesday, March 14, 2007

First Impressions

you know when you build something/someone up in your head and when you come to experience/meet them its not quite what you thought?

Not sure if i'm half asleep half the time but my first week in NY has been so-so. I'm told NY-ers are great, helpful and friendly people but theres a few I have encountered that are just rude/obnoxious and self centered. Asking for directions is met with a glare like I had asked them for their kidney.

There are also a few with short attention spans. They seem curteous enough to ask you questions but I'm probably too boring to keep them interested enough that they cut you off and become distracted. Could be why they are so loud and self centered, its coz they have to try and keep each other's attention long enough.

I'll probably get deported now.. doo doo doo...lalala.

Well it is only the first week, so I am hopeful it will pick up.

I just hope I don't become jaded, though I am finidng myself dressing like a bum, putting a bitch face on the minute i walk out the apt doors so as 'to blend in' and not be targetted as a tourist hahah. I must look like a fright, and it doesnt help when work is in SOHO, where all the too-cool-for-school fashionistas hang out. I'm dfinitely feeling Ugly Betty.

Internet in the apt is on and off so blog entries will be erratic.

I miss you all :)

No comments: