Sunday, March 11, 2007

Hello NY


Flight to NY was good, slept through most of it and it didnt feel that long at all. I got a 4 seater all to myself and again, excitedly, i spread myself across, and again, waking up about an hour later there was a business man sitting on the other end. Erm.. excuse me, again?! I must be some magnet. but this guy was like a statue, didnt move through the whole flight, just sat there and drank beer all trip long. didnt even spread himself across the seats, just sat there, weird but at least better than the first guy.

i left tokyo abt 11am thursday morning and got to ny 9.30am thursday morning, bit of a head trip and I am still jetlagged. Finding myself sleeping at 5am and getting up at 3pm.. dooo, doo doo.. So havent really had the time to explore.

My apt is nice, clean and big, but in such a dodgy street i've been sleeping with one eye open. I have a liquor store, adult video store and a parole office conveniently locatd on the sides of my building, and also a homeless shelter around the corner. My super is an over friendly old greek guy that i cant work out if hes granpa nice or sleazy. he keeps trying to hug and kiss me and said he wanted to take me on a cruise, but i couldnt really understand him. I've devised a tactic, eveytime he comes close to hug me i would start a coughing fit, doesnt seem to work, so now i just put my arms between me and him and turn my head. yargh. He even brought me dinner the other night, thoughtful but im cautious.

and at nights here, theres always creepy noises, omg.. wondering if i can get out of this lease.

besides that, NY is pretty cool, always busy and noisy, people have funny accents.

Friday i got taken to lunch at Rubys in SOHO ( some aussie cafe i think) - food was good, it was the first proper meal ive had in days. After lunch i wanted to checkout MoMa but got distractd by shopping. So weird here, noone checks your signature when u pay by credit, they just swipe and "oh.. here u go, ur card back".. wow such security.

Saturday, woke up at 3pm and worked on freelance until abt 5am, slept and woke up about 3pm sunday. I wandered over to the giant Macys for a looksy, they had this prom section that was hilarious, the dresses are so garish and crazy, im goin back to take a photo - Mel > maybe we can get the bridesmaid dresses here? muahahaha.

Internship starts tomorrow, wish me luck!

No comments: