Friday, March 16, 2007

Yay! Snow!


Today was a day off from work, and I had planned a lovely walking trip to MoMa (and to those that I've talked to - knows I can't wait to see it), and the soup nazi. However, the weather had a different plan for me. My building has centralised heating thats been on full blast these couple of days. This poses a problem for me, as it makes me drowsy and hard for me to get up in the morning ... or afternoon for that matter. So friday, I ended up waking at about 2 pm, i look outside and its raining/sleeting/snowing. So i decided to postpone my MoMa trip again and walk around the neighbourhood and stock up on some more groceries and take some nice snowy pics.


Plus my ONE pair of shoes i have with me (Chuck III) was showing wear and tear from pounding the streets in Sydney, Tokyo and now nY. More specifically, a hole one the left sole that let water through. So no further than half a block my socks were already wet from the multiple puddles i stepped in and a near slide 'n'stack. The snow was also 'cutting' nicely into my face. As horrible as this sounds, i quite liked it, as seeing snow without having to go to Thredbo was exciting enough. Unfortunately i didnt have enough hands to take some nice snow shots so this one from my kitchen window will have to do for now.


With still funny eating patterns, i did manage to grab a sandwich from a cafe, its so strange how they serve potato chips with it?! Apparently its quite common. Sure. Ok.

Work this week has been pretty tame, I think its because everyone is busy doing their own thing, I'm pretty much left to my own device (is that how the saying go? - doesnt look right). Plus I'm still very half asleep, so haven't really been myself, just basically bit of a wallpaper this week, hopefully im more upbeat next week. Plus trying to understand people on the phone is a fun task, i dont understand them most of the time. Lalala... I am quite pleased to announce the magazine has been nominated for awards, which is exciting. Fingers crossed it wins! Most of the people are nice and some just ignore completely, oh well its only for 2 months i guess.

I think its going to snow some more tomorrow so hopefully i can get some nice pics and i dont wake up too late again. hehehe. Think i might try going shopping for shoes, some waterproof ones might be handy, but im not ready to say goodbye to Chuck III yet. Oh i did see a cool leather pair of Chuck velcros, you know i like those old school velcros. Though what i really need are some wellingtons/gum boots.

Plus Im on the hunt for this watch http://www.alessi-watches.com/watch/al10000/watch_al10000.html , saw the white one in Japan but I have more than enough white watches, i think the black or white grey would be cool. So if anyone sees this, please let me know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey~~
so good that you have a blog goin on~~we'll be kept up to date on the things you're up to!!
the snow looks nice but very cold~~layer up and dont get a cold!!

post up more pics sus~~
:)
cath

Yas said...

Hey Suz!
Hope things are going well for you, nifty blog (who says nifty anymore?!).Don't let those NYers get in your way, they all sound like they're going through menopause.Take Care ok?!
Yas