Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Food-skis

I have been dying for a meat pie so thanks to my friend the inter-mah-net, I was able to hunt down an Aussie meat pie shop near work. It was actually pretty good. The cafe was also selling lamingtons, tim tams and caramello koalas! Hoorah.


As you all know, brownies are my achilles heel. These I found at Chelsea Markets and I must say is THE BEST I have ever had! Dry and crumbly on the exterior and an intense, chewy and moist center. That's right Syl, better than the cheesecake brownie I had at Surry Hills. Mmmm.. brownies.. luckily the shop is not across the road, otherwise I would be there everyday. Whoa, did the seams of my jeans just rip?


I'm not really sure why I'm posting this one. It was a little organic pizza cafe I stumbled onto on the Upper East Side. It was pretty yum, .. oh yeh it had a nice crust.


This photo is dedicated to Stef and Neen, both who share my obsession with peanut butter. Anyway, peanut butter AND Jam in the one jar?! Pure genius! Apparently there is also a peanut butter cafe here, must hunt that one down too.

PS: ¿quĆ© sucediĆ³ a mis hombros? las cosas guardan el caerse .

6 comments:

danglam said...

Hey susz,

You should go get a bagel & some smoked meat/pastrami!

or check out Rupert's Deli (off the David Letterman show). Can you get to the show? Have a go @
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/show_info/tickets/

Yas said...

hmmm! Confusement indeed! ooh did the pie taste of fake Oz? hehe wow no krispy kreme's? I knew they were trying to sell the fat stuff to the skinny country!?

girl on the tube said...

awww the chocolat brunie labels are so cute.

try the marshmallow spread for meeee. but i thought they sold that stuff here too?

prettyrandomthings said...

OooOoOohh peanut butter! Haha!
I miss the meat pie shop near your house in Eastwood. Is it still there?
Your blog entry is making me hungry! :P

prettyrandomthings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yellowFlamingo said...

No! Its not there anymore. Next time you come I'll take you to try Harry's Cafe De Wheels, mmm..

i'll post more food photos later.

Thanks for the tips Dang, I will have an extra bagel for ya.

David Letterman studios are near me so i'll go check it out.